“Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.””
Mark 10:15 ESV
How do we pursue a childlike faith? The short answer is just believe. The Word of God is Truth.
“And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them.”
Mark 10:16 ESV
What a beautiful verse! Jesus welcomed the children to him. In childlike faith, let Jesus take you in his arms and bless you. Surrender to his comforting embrace. Visualize just being a child sitting on His lap.
In case that childlike faith sounds easier said than done, I have come up with a list of steps to help us get there.
When we receive the Kingdom of God and believe it with a childlike faith:
1. We know we are children of God. (1 John 3:1, 1 John 5:2, Romans 8:16)
2. We know we are wanted by God. (Ezekiel 18:32, 2 Peter 3:9, John 3:16-17)
3. We know we are loved by God. (Romans 5:8, John 3:16, 1 John 4:16, 1 John 4:19)
4. We know we are saved by faith in Jesus Christ. (Romans 10:10, Ephesians 2:8)
5. We know that we don’t know everything so we must rely on our Father in Heaven who does know everything. (Matthew 11:25, Jeremiah 33:3)
6. We understand that God created us to love us. We don’t earn it. We just receive it. We believe it. (Colossians 1:16, Romans 5:8, Romans 3:23-24)
7. We rest in God’s grace and trust His provision. (Hebrews 4:9-11, Genesis 22:14, Matthew 6:33, Matthew 7:11)
8. We create with God. Stop focusing on what you can’t do and realize that with God anything is possible (Luke 1:37). Don’t perform for man or man’s expectations (Galatians 1:10). Have some fun creating with God. Excellence is doing your best not being the best. God is the best! (Genesis 1:27, Exodus 35:31, Psalm 96:1, Colossians 3:16-17, Colossians 3:23)
I highly recommend studying the scripture references, especially for any areas where you might be struggling.
1. Ask God all your so-called “dumb questions.” He’s the best one to ask.
2. Ask for understanding before you read God’s Word.
3. Pursue creative rest with God. Is there a dream you gave up? What did you enjoy creating in your youth? Ask God how He wants to spend this time with you.
4. Just believe.
God bless you! 🙏