In this episode, I discuss how being deceived by the lies of the enemy can hinder our own healing. This will be an eye-opener. I pray that God gives you revelation and insight as you watch and listen.
Bible Study Scripture References:
Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. 43Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. 44You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies." John 8:42-44
Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8 ESV
Read Matthew Chapter 4:1-11.
Satan tempts Jesus when He is vulnerable from fasting 40 days and 40 nights. His temptations focused on 3 areas:
1. Physical needs and desires – Satan wants us to fulfill natural desires at the wrong time. He manipulates. He tells us to go for the quick fix.
2. Possessions and power – Satan wants us to follow him, instead of God, with empty promises that he will use to destroy us. Satan entices.
3. Pride – Satan appeals to a carnal or fleshly need for significance and achievement.
Areas of vulnerability:
2. Need to prove ourselves, wanting significance and achievement
3. Insecurity – could be emotional or financial
5. Want for quick fix
6. Testing God – wanting God to prove Himself
Life Application Bible New International Version