Developing A Kingdom Mindset
Let’s dive into what it means to say “Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
1. Just as God cares for every tribe and every nation, so should we.
“Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.”
Revelation 1:7 ESV
“And they sang a new song, saying, “Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation,”
Revelation 5:9 ESV
“After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands,”
Revelation 7:9 ESV
“Then I saw another angel flying directly overhead, with an eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on earth, to every nation and tribe and language and people.”
Revelation 14:6 ESV
2. God looks upon the heart, not the outward appearance.
“God looks down from heaven on the children of man to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God.”
Psalm 53:2 ESV
“But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.””
1 Samuel 16:7 ESV
3. A Kingdom mindset means obeying The Great Commission. What if one of the gifts we are burying is our religious freedom? What if we have buried our voices?
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.””
Matthew 28:18-20 ESV
4. Having a Kingdom mindset means being one in the body of Christ. No jealousy, no competition, and no self exaltation. It means getting over our pride and wanting good for everybody in the body. It also means forgiving one another quickly as Christ has forgiven us.
““I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.”
John 17:20-21 ESV
5. Having a Kingdom mindset means hoping that all should repent and come to know Christ.
“The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.”
2 Peter 3:9 ESV
6. Having a Kingdom mindset means loving others as Christ loves us.
““This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.”
John 15:12 ESV
7. Having a Kingdom mindset means believing Christ is worth the persecution. Jesus is worth it!
“From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force.”
Matthew 11:12 ESV
“For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.”
Hebrews 2:18 ESV
“And they have no root in themselves, but endure for a while; then, when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately they fall away.”
Mark 4:17 ESV
“For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
2 Corinthians 12:10 ESV
“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?”
Romans 8:35 ESV